December 10, 2009

Just about every night I lay awake, listening to you breathe. The soft breaths you take giving me the signs that you are now asleep. But I am, yet again, awake. So I lay thinking about my day, my week, everything. And then you stroll across my mind. So many thoughts when you come in... how grateful and lucky I am to have you. How I couldn't picture my life without you. And i know i want to spend every day of my life with you. I often think back to that first night we first got together. sometimes that night alone fills my thoughts so much i can barely think about anything else. Last night, this was the case. A little over a year ago we had spoken on myspace, exchanged numbers and it pretty much snowballed from there. You picked me up at about 11pm, we listened to 'The Surge' by Ion Dissonance because of the one breakdown you just needed me to listen to. We went to the park, where it was wet, dewey and not the warmest. After realizing you and i didnt know any of the same songs, which was our reason for getting together in the first place, you put away the acoustic and we wandered around the playground. After a while we decided maybe we should go back to your place to watch "Where the Light Is." Little did i know that a kiss and a DVD later you'd be the person i fall head over heels for. I knew so soon that i loved you, that you were everything i was looking for. It's weird to think that after a year, we'd be engaged, attempting to plan our wedding. I never thought i could love someone as much as i love you. I just can't picture my life any other way, but with you. You make me so happy. You support me no matter what, and i know that I want to share my life with you. So last night laying in bed listening to your breathing, i just thought about everything in our relationship.. the first time we hung out at the park, when you took me to the navy base, when we went to the Acacia Strain, our first Christmas together.. and every other moment we had together and i was just so happy. So happy to be where i am in life, to have you in it, to know i found the one person i want to be with forever. It's just crazy how far we've come, how much we've grown, where we are today and where we'll be tomorrow. You just make me so excited for everyday, because I know i get to have everyday with you. I can't wait to see what the rest of life has in store for us. I'm just so lucky to have you. I love you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment